TWU LOCAL 512 VETERANS COMMITTEE REPORT DECEMBER 2019
● Since my last report, our members assisted with 5 separate plane side honors for fallen service members.
● I attended a VA benefit fair at the Jesse Brown VA Medical Center in Chicago to help our members better understand current policies and avenues of assistance
● November 10th Members helped with our annual Veterans Day display. Photos of our members' military service were collected, framed, and displayed at the K3 departure lounge over the holiday weekend
● I assisted members during the annual TWU benefits enrollment, providing information on VA and TRICARE options to supplement health care program choices
● H.R. 299 Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019 establishing a presumption of service connection for exposure to certain Herbicides. Our members worked with elected representatives enacting this law on June 25th, 2019.
● Closing out this year -December members assisted in planning the 14th annual Snowball Express, a program of the Gary Sinise Foundation. The event honors the children of fallen service members and their surviving parent or guardian. This year we are supporting 181 Gold Star family members departing O’Hare on December 7th for Disney World in Orlando. Confirmed participants include Army Band, Marine Color Guard, and Navy, Patriot Guard, and the USO
● On Friday, December 20th members will assist with the USO Exodus Pancake Breakfast, serving the troops breakfast and lunch on the Friday before Christmas as they head home for the holidays